The daily gossip: Charlie Sheen to reunite with Two and a Half Men creator after feud, Jonathan Majors dropped by manager, and more
Today's top entertainment and celebrity news
Charlie Sheen to reunite with 'Two and a Half Men' creator after feud
No hard feelings? Charlie Sheen is reuniting with Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre on a new show more than a decade after their ugly feud. Sheen was fired from the CBS sitcom in 2011 after declaring he "violently" hates Lorre, a "stupid little man" and a "piece of s--t," and making other bizarre comments. Ashton Kutcher then came onto the show, but Lorre seemed to take out his anger at Sheen on his character, first by having him apparently get hit by a train and die. The series' final scene showed Sheen's character returning, only to get crushed by a falling piano before Lorre looks at the camera and says, "Winning!" Despite all this, Sheen will reportedly have a recurring role on Lorre's new Max series How to Be a Bookie, which is about a "veteran bookie who struggles to survive the impending legalization of sports gambling," a cakewalk compared to Sheen's life of trying to survive against falling pianos.
Jonathan Majors dropped by manager after domestic violence charges
Jonathan Majors' management is abandoning ship. The Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania star has been dropped by talent manager Entertainment 360, as well as the PR firm The Lede Company, after he was arrested on domestic violence charges last month, Deadline reports. He will also reportedly no longer attend the Met Gala as a guest of Valentino. Majors was charged after allegedly assaulting a woman, who reportedly had visible injuries, in New York City. He has denied the allegations, with his attorney claiming he's "the victim of an altercation with a woman he knows" and that video footage will prove his innocence, though this footage has yet to surface publicly. Entertainment 360 dropped Majors due to "issues surrounding the actor's personal behavior," Deadline said. But the report added that Marvel has had "zero conversations" about recasting Majors, who has a significant role in the franchise as Kang. The actor will head before a judge on May 8.
Aziz Ansari lines up new movie after Bill Murray derailed his last one
Aziz Ansari is trying out this directorial debut thing one more time. The Parks and Recreation star is set to direct, write, and star in an original comedy for Lionsgate called Good Fortune, according to The Wrap. It will be the first movie directed by Ansari, or at least it will be now. The comedian's directorial debut was originally supposed to be a film called Being Mortal, which was set to star Ansari alongside Seth Rogen, Bill Murray, and Keke Palmer. But production was halted in 2022 after Murray was accused of inappropriate behavior on set. A year later, Ansari is now moving on to this other project, and he's set to star in Good Fortune, once again alongside Rogen. But Keanu Reeves has also been added to the cast for this one, presumably after Ansari searched for the only man in Hollywood who couldn't possibly cause any issues on set.
Bill Hader and Ali Wong are back together
The Hollywood romance you may not even realize happened in the first place is back on. Bill Hader and Ali Wong "are dating again," the Barry star's rep confirmed to Entertainment Tonight. We didn't know about Hader and Wong's earlier romance until they had already broken up, as Page Six reported in December they started dating "at least two months ago" but had since split. "They're just super busy with things, but [the split] was certainly amicable," the insider told Page Six at the time. "They're certainly friends." Wong was previously married to Justin Hakuta until 2022, while Hader was previously linked to Anna Kendrick. Now, Hader and Wong are apparently trying for round two, and he recently referenced "my girlfriend" in an interview without mentioning her name. Congratulations to them both and specifically to Wong for her access to those juicy Barry spoilers.
A 'Galaxy Quest' TV series is reportedly in the works again
When it comes to expanding the Galaxy Quest franchise, Hollywood will never give up, never surrender. Galaxy Quest, the 1999 comedy about a Star Trek-esque television series, is itself being turned into a television series to be released by the streamer behind the actual Star Trek shows. A show based on the movie is in early development at Paramount+, according to The Hollywood Reporter. But before you get too excited, this is just the latest attempt at a Galaxy Quest TV series, which was first reported to be happening all the way back in 2015. In fact, original star Tim Allen claimed in 2016 that Galaxy Quest was "really close to being resurrected in a very creative way," adding, "It's closer than I can tell you, but I can't say more than that." Well, that version of the project apparently fell apart. But by Grabthar's hammer, it shall be avenged.