Police confirmed that four people were shot Tuesday at YouTube headquarters in San Bruno, California, just south of San Francisco.
San Bruno Police Chief Ed Barberini said that the gunshot victims had been transported to area hospitals in unknown conditions. The suspect, a female, was found dead at the scene, apparently of a "self-inflicted" gunshot wound, though Barberini said the investigation is still "active." No identification or motive was addressed.
The injured reportedly include a 32-year-old female who is in "serious" condition, a 27-year-old female in "fair" condition, and a 36-year-old man who is in "critical" condition, per CNN. All three have been transported to Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital, a spokesman confirmed, and CNN reported all are expected to survive. Law enforcement is still working to clear the building, said Barberini.
YouTube employees took to social media to spread the word of the shooting, sharing details of the initial chaos and evacuation after police arrived. Todd Sherman, a product manager at YouTube, wrote on Twitter that he headed for the exit when he heard people running. "Someone else said that the person shot out the back doors and then shot themselves," Sherman wrote. "I looked down and saw blood drips on the floor and stairs." Summer Meza
This is a breaking news story and has been updated throughout.