arah Palin — the former governor of Alaska and 2008 vice presidential candidate — is leaving her perch at Fox News after a three-year run, reports Real Clear Politics. According to a source close to Palin, the one-time GOP star was offered a new contract, but turned it down. "She remains focused on broadening her message of common-sense conservatism across the country and will be expanding her voice in the national discussion," the source told RCP.
The news has already sparked much speculation (and joking) on where Palin will go from here:
Sarah Palin to host own show at Al-Jazeera— Igor Bobic (@igorbobic) January 25, 2013
Sarah Palin for Secretary of State— Josh Barro (@jbarro) January 25, 2013
Well now Palin can catch up on her reading.— Eliot Nelson (@eliotnelson) January 25, 2013
Sarah Palin actually lasted longer as a Fox News talking head than she did as Governor of Alaska.— Eric Kleefeld (@EricKleefeld) January 25, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- The executioners' lament
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 5 reasons child pageants are bad for kids
Subscribe to the Week