- This just in February 26
Breaking news from a galaxy far, far away: Variety reports that Girls star Adam Driver is on the verge of accepting a role in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. The specific details of the highly anticipated sequel remain a closely guarded secret, but the report says that Driver's character will be "in the vein of iconic Star Wars villain Darth Vader" — and will likely appear in at least one of the subsequent films.
The Twitterverse reacted to the news in the only way it knows how: With a slew of ridiculous puns and references to Driver's previous projects — like, say, the one below. Everybody sing it together! --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Rise of the machines
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week