- This just in February 26
Breaking news from a galaxy far, far away: Variety reports that Girls star Adam Driver is on the verge of accepting a role in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. The specific details of the highly anticipated sequel remain a closely guarded secret, but the report says that Driver's character will be "in the vein of iconic Star Wars villain Darth Vader" — and will likely appear in at least one of the subsequent films.
The Twitterverse reacted to the news in the only way it knows how: With a slew of ridiculous puns and references to Driver's previous projects — like, say, the one below. Everybody sing it together! --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
Subscribe to the Week