- This just in February 26
Breaking news from a galaxy far, far away: Variety reports that Girls star Adam Driver is on the verge of accepting a role in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. The specific details of the highly anticipated sequel remain a closely guarded secret, but the report says that Driver's character will be "in the vein of iconic Star Wars villain Darth Vader" — and will likely appear in at least one of the subsequent films.
The Twitterverse reacted to the news in the only way it knows how: With a slew of ridiculous puns and references to Driver's previous projects — like, say, the one below. Everybody sing it together! --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week