- This just in February 26
Breaking news from a galaxy far, far away: Variety reports that Girls star Adam Driver is on the verge of accepting a role in J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII. The specific details of the highly anticipated sequel remain a closely guarded secret, but the report says that Driver's character will be "in the vein of iconic Star Wars villain Darth Vader" — and will likely appear in at least one of the subsequent films.
The Twitterverse reacted to the news in the only way it knows how: With a slew of ridiculous puns and references to Driver's previous projects — like, say, the one below. Everybody sing it together! --Scott Meslow
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How to rescue the American family and fix the broken school system in one fell swoop
Subscribe to the Week