- Bergdahl Backlash June 4
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday upped the mounting criticism of the Obama administration's Taliban prisoner swap, accusing the president in an interview with Fox News of flouting the law and behaving like an autonomous king.
"He believes somehow that he's become a monarch or an emperor that can basically ignore the law and do whatever he wants," Rubio said, adding that there's a "real, growing frustration, even among Democrats, at this sort of behavior."
Obama's critics — including some on the left, like Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — have questioned the legality of the prisoner swap, and griped that the administration did not inform key lawmakers of the deal until the last minute.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week