- Bergdahl Backlash June 4
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday upped the mounting criticism of the Obama administration's Taliban prisoner swap, accusing the president in an interview with Fox News of flouting the law and behaving like an autonomous king.
"He believes somehow that he's become a monarch or an emperor that can basically ignore the law and do whatever he wants," Rubio said, adding that there's a "real, growing frustration, even among Democrats, at this sort of behavior."
Obama's critics — including some on the left, like Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — have questioned the legality of the prisoner swap, and griped that the administration did not inform key lawmakers of the deal until the last minute.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
Subscribe to the Week