- Bergdahl Backlash June 4
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday upped the mounting criticism of the Obama administration's Taliban prisoner swap, accusing the president in an interview with Fox News of flouting the law and behaving like an autonomous king.
"He believes somehow that he's become a monarch or an emperor that can basically ignore the law and do whatever he wants," Rubio said, adding that there's a "real, growing frustration, even among Democrats, at this sort of behavior."
Obama's critics — including some on the left, like Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — have questioned the legality of the prisoner swap, and griped that the administration did not inform key lawmakers of the deal until the last minute.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week