- Bergdahl Backlash June 4
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday upped the mounting criticism of the Obama administration's Taliban prisoner swap, accusing the president in an interview with Fox News of flouting the law and behaving like an autonomous king.
"He believes somehow that he's become a monarch or an emperor that can basically ignore the law and do whatever he wants," Rubio said, adding that there's a "real, growing frustration, even among Democrats, at this sort of behavior."
Obama's critics — including some on the left, like Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — have questioned the legality of the prisoner swap, and griped that the administration did not inform key lawmakers of the deal until the last minute.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week