- Bergdahl Backlash June 4
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Tuesday upped the mounting criticism of the Obama administration's Taliban prisoner swap, accusing the president in an interview with Fox News of flouting the law and behaving like an autonomous king.
"He believes somehow that he's become a monarch or an emperor that can basically ignore the law and do whatever he wants," Rubio said, adding that there's a "real, growing frustration, even among Democrats, at this sort of behavior."
Obama's critics — including some on the left, like Intelligence Committee Chair Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) — have questioned the legality of the prisoner swap, and griped that the administration did not inform key lawmakers of the deal until the last minute.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week