The daily gossip: Ana de Armas claims Marilyn Monroe's ghost haunted the Blonde set, Paris Hilton mourns 'original girl boss' Queen Elizabeth II, and more
Today's top entertainment and celebrity news
Ana de Armas claims Marilyn Monroe's ghost haunted the 'Blonde' set
The reviews for Blonde are in … from the afterlife. At the Venice Film Festival, Ana de Armas claimed Marilyn Monroe signed off on her new Marilyn Monroe movie Blonde by haunting the set. "I truly believe that she was very close to us," de Armas said. "She was with us." The Knives Out star continued that she felt a "very strong sensation" in the air when filming in places like Monroe's house and believes she "was happy" and "approving of what we were doing." But de Armas also claimed Monroe's ghost would "throw things off the wall sometimes" and "get mad." That's what spirits do when they're really excited about how great the biopic about them is, right? Didn't that happen in one of the Conjuring sequels? Kristen Stewart made similar comments about Princess Diana's ghost approving of Spencer, so pro tip for Oscar hopefuls: Before starring in a biopic, be sure to shield yourself from criticism by first holding a seance.
Paris Hilton mourns 'original girl boss' Queen Elizabeth II
It's shaping up to be a real "Ruthkanda Forever" type of day on Twitter. Queen Elizabeth II, Britain's longest-reigning monarch, died Thursday at the age of 96 after 70 years on the throne. Earlier in the day, Buckingham Palace released an alarming statement that doctors were concerned about her health, and the queen's son has now officially become King Charles III. As the news broke, a mournful nation and world waited with bated breath to hear from The Celebs, and Paris Hilton had us covered. "The original girl boss," Hilton tweeted of the late monarch. "One of the most inspirational women. The end of an era." Reports indicated President Joe Biden was forced to frantically rewrite his own statement paying tribute to Queen Elizabeth as "the original girl boss," as the Simple Life star took the words right out of his mouth. Brace for the "Imagine" video sequel in 3 ... 2 ...
Olivia Wilde denies cheating on Jason Sudeikis with Harry Styles
Don't worry about going even a single day without more Olivia Wilde gossip, darling. Days after Don't Worry Darling's messy Venice premiere, Vanity Fair is out with a profile of the director, in which she denies cheating on ex Jason Sudeikis with current boyfriend Harry Styles. "The complete horses--t idea that I left Jason for Harry is completely inaccurate," she said. "Our relationship was over long before I met Harry." Wilde claimed she and Sudeikis "officially dissolved" their relationship "towards the beginning of the pandemic." Sudeikis previously told GQ they split in November 2020. She also doubled down on her assertion that she fired Shia LaBeouf because Florence Pugh was uncomfortable with him, despite LaBeouf leaking a video appearing to show Wilde asking him to come back to the project. "This issue is so much more nuanced than can be explained in private texts released out of context," Wilde said. Can someone please press the giant red "shut down press tour" button, already?
Ricky Martin sues his nephew over incest allegations
Talk about one messy family feud. Ricky Martin is suing his nephew for $20 million for allegedly leveling false allegations of incest and sexual abuse against him. Earlier this year, Dennis Sanchez Martin claimed he had a seven-month affair with his uncle, who supposedly stalked and harassed him when the relationship ended. But Sanchez ended up dropping all his claims. Now, Martin claims Sanchez has continued demanding money from him, threatening to "assassinate his reputation and integrity" if he wasn't paid. The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer also says he's been "persecuted, besieged, harassed, stalked and extorted by a maladjusted person," and he's seeking $20 million, claiming he lost out on "present and future artistic projects" because of his nephew's original allegations. So, we're guessing that's a no on a reunion at Thanksgiving?
'Rings of Power' cast defends co-stars against 'relentless racism'
The cast of the new Lord of the Rings show has a message for racist trolls: You have no power here. The official Twitter account for Amazon's The Rings of Power has shared a message on behalf of the cast slamming "the relentless racism, threats, harassment, and abuse some of our castmates of color are being subjected to on a daily basis." The prequel series predictably drew backlash before even being released over its diverse cast, which includes Ismael Cruz Córdova as the first person of color to portray an Elf. But the cast said in their statement, "BIPOC belong in Middle-earth and they are here to stay." The original Lord of the Rings stars, including Elijah Wood, also shared photos of themselves wearing shirts and hats that say "you all are welcome here" in Elvish, and even the Star Wars Twitter account expressed support. From Star Wars fans to Lord of the Rings fans, you have our lightsabers.