GOOD DAY FOR:
People tired of seeing their friends' babies
A new internet browser extension, unbaby.me, automatically replaces Facebook photos of friends' babies with cats. [Slate]
An eccentric billionaire plans to build a real-life version of Jurassic Park on his estate. [Death & Taxes]
Blowing off steam with no repercussions
A new start-up allows disgruntled employees to anonymously vent their frustrations directly to their managers. [TIME]
BAD DAY FOR:
Zuck's .001 percent cred
Facebook's poor stock performance drops Mark Zuckerberg off the list of top 10 tech billionaires. [Newser]
The criminally dumb
A man who allegedly stole a $600 bike from a shop is caught when he brings the bike back a few hours later so he can buy a lock. [Consumerist]
Porn star Jenna Jameson endorses Mitt Romney for president. [HyperVocal]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week