GOOD DAY FOR:
People tired of seeing their friends' babies
A new internet browser extension, unbaby.me, automatically replaces Facebook photos of friends' babies with cats. [Slate]
An eccentric billionaire plans to build a real-life version of Jurassic Park on his estate. [Death & Taxes]
Blowing off steam with no repercussions
A new start-up allows disgruntled employees to anonymously vent their frustrations directly to their managers. [TIME]
BAD DAY FOR:
Zuck's .001 percent cred
Facebook's poor stock performance drops Mark Zuckerberg off the list of top 10 tech billionaires. [Newser]
The criminally dumb
A man who allegedly stole a $600 bike from a shop is caught when he brings the bike back a few hours later so he can buy a lock. [Consumerist]
Porn star Jenna Jameson endorses Mitt Romney for president. [HyperVocal]
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week