On Sunday night, President Obama addressed an interfaith vigil for the victims of the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., delivering a powerful call for the nation to take measures to prevent such tragedies in the future. "We can't tolerate this any more," he said. "These tragedies must end. And to end them, we must change." Watch the video:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
Subscribe to the Week