- Oops March 31
Numbers don't lie... unless you twist them woefully out of context. Case in point: Fox News' America's Newsroom on Monday displayed the following chart, flagged by the folks over at Media Matters, that appeared to show ObamaCare failing miserably at its goal of attracting 7 million enrollees:
Though the Y axis isn't labeled, it's safe to assume it starts somewhere around 6 million, and not zero. A more accurate representation of the difference would look something like this:
And in case you were wondering: No, this is not the first time Fox has had trouble with graphical representations of numbers.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week