- Oops March 31
Numbers don't lie... unless you twist them woefully out of context. Case in point: Fox News' America's Newsroom on Monday displayed the following chart, flagged by the folks over at Media Matters, that appeared to show ObamaCare failing miserably at its goal of attracting 7 million enrollees:
Though the Y axis isn't labeled, it's safe to assume it starts somewhere around 6 million, and not zero. A more accurate representation of the difference would look something like this:
And in case you were wondering: No, this is not the first time Fox has had trouble with graphical representations of numbers.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week