- Oops March 31
Numbers don't lie... unless you twist them woefully out of context. Case in point: Fox News' America's Newsroom on Monday displayed the following chart, flagged by the folks over at Media Matters, that appeared to show ObamaCare failing miserably at its goal of attracting 7 million enrollees:
Though the Y axis isn't labeled, it's safe to assume it starts somewhere around 6 million, and not zero. A more accurate representation of the difference would look something like this:
And in case you were wondering: No, this is not the first time Fox has had trouble with graphical representations of numbers.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week