- Oops March 31
Numbers don't lie... unless you twist them woefully out of context. Case in point: Fox News' America's Newsroom on Monday displayed the following chart, flagged by the folks over at Media Matters, that appeared to show ObamaCare failing miserably at its goal of attracting 7 million enrollees:
Though the Y axis isn't labeled, it's safe to assume it starts somewhere around 6 million, and not zero. A more accurate representation of the difference would look something like this:
And in case you were wondering: No, this is not the first time Fox has had trouble with graphical representations of numbers.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- Everything you've heard about millennials is wrong
Subscribe to the Week