- What? April 27
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was once, as her party's vice presidential nominee, close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency. And over the weekend, she gave a little glimpse of what a Palin presidency would look like.
Speaking at a National Rifle Association rally Saturday, Palin talked of how she would "put the fear of God in our enemies" as president by ensuring everyone knew that "waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."
The United Nations, the ACLU, and just about every other authority on the matter considers waterboarding to be a form of torture. That said, Palin is unlikely to ever run for president, so her proposed national security policy should remain nothing more than a rhetorical flourish.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week