- What? April 27
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was once, as her party's vice presidential nominee, close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency. And over the weekend, she gave a little glimpse of what a Palin presidency would look like.
Speaking at a National Rifle Association rally Saturday, Palin talked of how she would "put the fear of God in our enemies" as president by ensuring everyone knew that "waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."
The United Nations, the ACLU, and just about every other authority on the matter considers waterboarding to be a form of torture. That said, Palin is unlikely to ever run for president, so her proposed national security policy should remain nothing more than a rhetorical flourish.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week