- What? April 27
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was once, as her party's vice presidential nominee, close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency. And over the weekend, she gave a little glimpse of what a Palin presidency would look like.
Speaking at a National Rifle Association rally Saturday, Palin talked of how she would "put the fear of God in our enemies" as president by ensuring everyone knew that "waterboarding is how we baptize terrorists."
The United Nations, the ACLU, and just about every other authority on the matter considers waterboarding to be a form of torture. That said, Palin is unlikely to ever run for president, so her proposed national security policy should remain nothing more than a rhetorical flourish.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week