- Your daily cry April 30
The L.A. Clippers still had a playoff game to take care of Tuesday night, hours after the NBA banned owner Donald Sterling for life and fined him $2.5 million for his racist remarks about not wanting his girlfriend to hang around with black people. So how did the fans greet the players? Like so:
It's been an emotional, trying few days for the team. Kudos to the fans for still coming to the game — there was talk of a fan boycott to hit Sterling's pocketbook — and showing some much-needed support for the players.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 10 things you need to know today: September 30, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Are hedge funds doomed?
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
Subscribe to the Week