- Your daily cry April 30
The L.A. Clippers still had a playoff game to take care of Tuesday night, hours after the NBA banned owner Donald Sterling for life and fined him $2.5 million for his racist remarks about not wanting his girlfriend to hang around with black people. So how did the fans greet the players? Like so:
It's been an emotional, trying few days for the team. Kudos to the fans for still coming to the game — there was talk of a fan boycott to hit Sterling's pocketbook — and showing some much-needed support for the players.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week