- 1. Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 Tent
- 2. Oak Mini Deck Chair
- 3. Coleman Monstera XL Sleeping Bag
- 4. Montane Trailblazer 25-litre Backpack
- 5. NHOWIN Self-Inflating Camping Mat
- 6. 66°North x Heimplanet The Cave
- 7. Quechua 2 Man Roof Tent
- 8. Cinch Hub
- 9. Tentsile Stingray 3-Person Tree Tent
- 10. Coleman OctaGo
- 11. Boutique Camping Classic Bell Tent
- 12. Coleman Meadowood Air 4
- 13. Lotus Belle Outdoor Deluxe
- 14. Boutique Camping Luna Bell Tent
- 15. Coleman Tent Octagon
- 16. Mountain Warehouse Pop-Up Single Skin 2 Man Tent
- 17. Eurohike Pop 200
- 18. Summit 250 XL Winter Sleeping Bag
- 19. The Fine Bedding Company Night Owl 3-in-1 Sleeping Bag
- 20. The North Face Eco Trail 2C Synthetic Sleeping Bag
- 21. Berghaus Transition 300 Sleeping Bag
- 22. Naturehike Mini Outdoor Ultralight Envelope Sleeping Bag
- 23. Airbeds, mattresses and sleeping mats
- 24. Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Regular Sleeping Mat
- 25. Kid-O-Bunk
- 26. BioLite Campstove 2+
- 27. Outwell Collaps Kettle
- 28. Collapsible Washing-Up Bowl
- 29. Kitchen Gadgets 5-Piece Set
- 30. Stainless-steel Camping Cook Set
- 31. Cool boxes and food storage
- 32. AeroPress Go travel coffee maker
- 33. Ikea Fältmal wearable blanket
- 34. Milestone Camping steel foldable chairs
- 35. Trespass Inflatable Chair Floki
- 36. Quechua Pressure Solar Camping Shower
- 37. ADDTOP Solar Charger
- 38. 2XPLORE Emergency First Aid Kit
A free daily digest of the biggest news stories of the day - and the best features from our website
Thank you for signing up to TheWeek. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
When you buy through links on our site, we may earn a commission
1. Coleman Cortes Octagon 8 Tent
This roomy waterproof geodesic tent sleeps eight, but assuming you have some kit, it is better for six. It takes just 15 minutes to erect, and has a sewn-in groundsheet and a hinged doorway.
Subscribe to The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
2. Oak Mini Deck Chair
It’s not a typical design for camping, but this wooden chair is “incredibly comfortable” and it folds completely flat, so it can be easily carried and stored. It is made from solid oak with a polyester canvas, and measures 39.5cm x 75cm x 62.5cm.
3. Coleman Monstera XL Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag is extra spacious, for a comfy night. It has a soft cotton outer and a washable fleecy lining and comes with a carry bag. With double-layer insulation, it can be used from spring to autumn.
4. Montane Trailblazer 25-litre Backpack
Montane’s lightweight (750g) day pack has a well-balanced back support system to keep it close to the body. It has extra-deep side pockets, adjustable chest straps and a breathable mesh finish.
5. NHOWIN Self-Inflating Camping Mat
Made from waterproof nylon, this 9cm-thick sleeping mat has an inbuilt air pump and takes just 45 seconds to inflate. It weighs less than a kilo, packs up incredibly small, and two can connect to make a double bed.
6. 66°North x Heimplanet The Cave
This advanced tent from Heimplanet inflates in less than a minute, and is robust enough to withstand the rigours of year-round camping in Iceland. The Cave is weatherproof, and can accommodate three people plus equipment.
7. Quechua 2 Man Roof Tent
The Quechua Roof Tent MH500 is designed to fit easily to a roof rack, transforming your car into a camper van. It can be put up in less than five minutes, fits two people, and has a built-in mattress and blackout fabric.
8. Cinch Hub
With more headspace than any other pop-up tent, the Hub can be erected by one person in under a minute, and sleeps four comfortably. Solar power packs can be bought to provide power through the USB outlet.
9. Tentsile Stingray 3-Person Tree Tent
A tree house in a bag, this multiple-award-winning flagship model by British firm Tentsile has enough space to sleep three adults or a family of four, suspended off the ground, using three trees as anchor points.
10. Coleman OctaGo
This octagonal three-man tent has a robust steel frame, but weighs around 11kg so is best for car-camping or carrying on a festival trolley. Pitching takes between 10 and 20 minutes.
11. Boutique Camping Classic Bell Tent
Boutique Camping stocks a range of iconic bell tents in the usual sandstone colour. The Classic is available in various widths, and also comes in a choice of material so you can prioritise weight or durability.
12. Coleman Meadowood Air 4
For comfortable family camping, this four-man tent has a bright, airy living space, cosy blackout bedrooms and a spacious porch area. It has lots of clever features such as mesh doors for warmer evenings, plenty of pockets and step-free access and is also available as a larger six-person tent.
13. Lotus Belle Outdoor Deluxe
If you want to glamp in style, then Lotus Belle’s Outdoor Deluxe may be the tent for you. It resembles a kind of giant mushroom spaceship that has just landed on Earth. The Outdoor Deluxe has two doors and two windows with zip-open mesh layers for maximum airflow while keeping creepy-crawlies out. It is made of a waterproof, yet breathable, canvas to minimise condensation.
14. Boutique Camping Luna Bell Tent
The Luna Bell Tent is a spacious tent for glampers that can be pitched quickly. Setting up the canvas and aluminium structure takes just a few minutes, and its innovative design allows it to be pitched as one. There’s lots of space inside which makes it ideal for families.
15. Coleman Tent Octagon
Ideal for family camping trips or festivals, the Coleman Tent Octagon can sleep six people and is sturdy and easy to pitch.
16. Mountain Warehouse Pop-Up Single Skin 2 Man Tent
If you’re looking for something smaller, cheaper and easier to assemble then a two-man pop-up tent from Mountain Warehouse may do the job.
17. Eurohike Pop 200
If you’re not a frequent camper and don’t need fancy gear, this great-value Eurohike Pop 200 two-person tent will serve you fine. It is waterproof, and has an easy pop-up design that takes seconds to set up.
18. Summit 250 XL Winter Sleeping Bag
This hollowfibre sleeping bag will keep you warm in temperatures as low as -20ºC; and is mummy-shaped for extra cosiness.
19. The Fine Bedding Company Night Owl 3-in-1 Sleeping Bag
Two-way zips mean this can be used as two singles or one huge sleeping bag. It is machine washable (it dries in around 90 minutes), and comes in its own duffle bag.
20. The North Face Eco Trail 2C Synthetic Sleeping Bag
Made from recycled fabric, this water-repellent bag comes in a longer length for taller campers, and has the option of left-side zips for left-handers.
21. Berghaus Transition 300 Sleeping Bag
Ideal for colder months, this has an integrated hood to keep draughts out, security pockets and a pillow.
22. Naturehike Mini Outdoor Ultralight Envelope Sleeping Bag
This ultra-compact bag for warmer weather measures 190cm x 75cm.
23. Airbeds, mattresses and sleeping mats
You may choose to rough it in a sleeping bag on the tent groundsheet, but for those seeking a bit more comfort, an airbed might be needed. Trespass has a number of blow-up and inflatable air beds and mattresses.
24. Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Regular Sleeping Mat
Therm-a-Rest’s NeoAir XLite Regular Sleeping Mat is extremely lightweight and fits into a tiny bag, but can still keep you well insulated from the cold. It makes for a supportive sleep surface, and comes in several sizes.
The Kid-O-Bunk is an absolute must buy for families. It takes 10 or 15 minutes to put together and can be configured as bunk beds, single twin beds, and even a sofa. It packs back down into its own carry bag, and can double up as extra sleeping space at home for sleepovers or guests.
26. BioLite Campstove 2+
This clever stove burns wood, twigs and pellets without creating smoke, and generates electricity to power devices via the USB port. There’s a portable grill, a KettlePot and CoffeePress, plus a FlexLight for cooking at night.
27. Outwell Collaps Kettle
This 2.5-litre silicone and stainless-steel kettle collapses flat for storage when not in use. Break-resistant, it is easy to clean, has a wide stable base and is quick and easy to open and fold away.
28. Collapsible Washing-Up Bowl
With strong handles, this durable 9-litre washing-up bowl also folds almost flat. It has a twist plug to keep the water in, and measures 20cm x 32cm x 31cm.
29. Kitchen Gadgets 5-Piece Set
Made from robust plastic, this stackable set is not designed specifically for camping, but would be useful. It has a peeler, mini grater, bottle opener, grinder and a pizza cutter.
30. Stainless-steel Camping Cook Set
Quechua’s tough, integrated cook set for two people features a saucepan that doubles as a measuring jug, a frying pan with strainer, 2 bowls, 2 cups and 2 sets of cutlery.
31. Cool boxes and food storage
Unless you’re hunting or foraging for your dinner then it’s likely you’ll be taking some grub to cook on site. A decent cool box is essential for any camping trip. Winfields Outdoors stocks cool box brands such as Coleman, Igloo, Outwell and Kampa Dometic.
32. AeroPress Go travel coffee maker
Already beloved by coffee drinkers as an easy way to make an espresso in a minute, the Aeropress is now more portable than ever. The “Go” version comes with a lid and packs down into its own plastic mug.
33. Ikea Fältmal wearable blanket
Worried about committing to outdoor socialising in the cold? Ikea has you covered. The Fältmal is a cushion that unzips into a wearable sleeping bag-style blanket, with sleeves, and a kangaroo-style front pocket.
34. Milestone Camping steel foldable chairs
Perfect for sitting around the fire, for reading a book or just general relaxing, a decent camping chair is essential. These Milestone Camping steel foldable chairs are lightweight and comfortable.
35. Trespass Inflatable Chair Floki
If you’re seeking something softer than a folding item, then Trespass has an inflatable camping chair.
36. Quechua Pressure Solar Camping Shower
Camping can be a dirty business. You are living in a field, after all. But if your campsite doesn’t have facilities of its own, or you don’t fancy trekking across the site to queue at the toilet block in the morning, don’t worry. Take along the Quechua solar shower. Its 10-litre water bag is heated by the sun and its pump system ensures there’s enough pressure to wash all the grime off.
37. ADDTOP Solar Charger
If your gadgets require charging then use the power of the sun. This waterproof ADDTOP Solar Charger is perfect for the outdoors.
38. 2XPLORE Emergency First Aid Kit
Ideal for travel and camping, the 2XPLORE Emergency First Aid Kit can cover a wide range of minor injuries and comes with strong scissors, tweezers, sticking plasters, bandages, safety pins, first aid cleaning wipes, and medical tape.
Continue reading for free
We hope you're enjoying The Week's refreshingly open-minded journalism.
Subscribed to The Week? Register your account with the same email as your subscription.