The wrong way to cook a squirrel, and more
A Michigan garden-apartment complex was destroyed after a resident tried to cook a squirrel with a propane torch.
The wrong way to cook a squirrel
A Michigan garden-apartment complex was destroyed after a resident tried to cook a squirrel with a propane torch. Firefighters say the man brought the squirrel onto his third-floor deck, intending to burn off its fur with the torch so he could eat it. But the torch’s flame ignited the patio, and the blaze spread. Two fire departments were summoned to fight the fire, which left dozens of people homeless.
Giant eyeball washes up on Florida shore
A giant eyeball the size of a softball washed up on a Florida beach. The eye, which is blue, was found on Pompano Beach and bagged by local resident Gino Covacci, who described it as “very, very fresh.” Marine scientists said they’d need to do some testing to be sure, but believe that the eye is from a swordfish, and not a whale, squid, or sea monster, as some had speculated on the Internet. The scientists said that a fisherman probably cut the eye out of the swordfish and tossed it into the sea.
BBC film crew sneaks into Area 51
A BBC film crew was held at gunpoint after trying to sneak into Area 51 in Nevada, which UFO enthusiasts believe is a U.S. government base that holds evidence of alien encounters. The crew, accompanied by UFO expert Darren Perks, was looking for new evidence relating to UFOs and aliens or a government conspiracy to conceal their existence. After the crew entered the base, security guards held them at gunpoint, facedown on the desert floor. Perks said that while being held, he was told by guards that Washington had been alerted to a serious breach of security. “‘They could make you disappear, and your body will never be found,’” Perks said he was told. Instead, he and the BBC team were fined $600 each.