Speed Reads


Now London wants to exit Britain

Ready for a Lexit? A day after Britain voted in favor of exiting the European Union, Londoners flocked to social media Friday to urge the capital to exit the country and become an independent state.

There's even a petition up on Change.org that already has thousands of signatures, calling for London's mayor, Sadiq Khan, to declare the city's independence. "Let's face it — the rest of the country disagrees," the petition reads. "So rather than passively aggressively vote against each other at every election, let's make the divorce official and move in with our friends on the continent."

In London, more than 75 percent of votes were cast in favor of remaining in the EU, while just 25 percent were cast in favor of leaving — a big departure from the country's overall split of 52 percent for the Brexit and 48 percent against it.