Premier League transfer news and rumours
Coutinho chase is on
Philippe Coutinho is open to leaving Barcelona this summer - and the news has put Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain on red alert.
According to The Guardian the Brazilian playmaker is a “man in demand”, but not by the La Liga leaders.
Subscribe to The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
Coutinho only joined Barca for £142m in January 2018 and while United, Chelsea and PSG are linked, his former club Liverpool are not interested as they have “moved on”.
Varane nearing Real exit?
Another player who could be leaving Spain this summer is Real Madrid’s Raphael Varane. The defender, a World Cup winner with France last year, is considering his future at Real and has been linked with Manchester United and Juventus. (Daily Mail)
Spurs eye Costa
According to reports in Italy Tottenham are the latest club to be linked with a move for Juventus winger Douglas Costa. The Brazilian is also attracting attention from Manchester United, Manchester City, Paris Saint-German and Chelsea. (Metro via Tuttosport)
Keen on Keane
Tottenham could also go head-to-head with north London rivals Arsenal for the signature of Everton defender Michael Keane. Spurs could break their transfer record with a £50m bid for the England international. (Daily Express)
De Gea to Paris?
Paris Saint-Germain are ready to pay David de Gea £350,000 a week in order to bring the Spanish goalkeeper to the French capital. If Manchester United fail to match the offer their No.1 could quit Old Trafford this summer. (The Sun)
Rice is happy at West Ham
West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice has “played down” speculation that he could move to Manchester United or Manchester City this summer. The 20-year-old England international said: “I’m happy. I’m playing week in, week out. I have a special connection with the fans. I love every minute of being at West Ham. Being compared to players, being linked to other teams, I don’t really take any of it in, to be honest.” (Daily Mirror via BT Sport)
AFC Bournemouth stars Nathan Ake and Ryan Fraser are being linked with big-money moves. The Bournemouth Echo reports that Cherries boss Eddie Howe has dismissed interest in Dutch defender Ake, who is wanted by Tottenham, Manchester United, Chelsea and Napoli. Meanwhile, the Daily Mirror says that Arsenal are keen on Scottish winger Fraser.
Wolves eye Soares
Southampton defender Cedric Soares, who is currently on loan at Italian side Inter Milan, is wanted by Wolves this summer. (Southern Daily Echo)
Premier League results, fixtures and TV guide
- Fulham 0 Manchester City 2
- Brighton and Hove Albion 0 Southampton 1
- Burnley 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers 0
- Crystal Palace 1 Huddersfield Town 0
- Leicester City 2 AFC Bournemouth 0
- Manchester United 2 Watford 1
- West Ham United 0 Everton 2
- Cardiff City 1 Chelsea 2
- Liverpool 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1
- Arsenal 2 Newcastle United 0
Fixtures Tuesday 2 April
- Watford vs. Fulham (7.45pm)
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United (7.45pm, live on Sky Sports)
Wednesday 3 April
- Chelsea vs. Brighton and Hove Albion (7.45pm)
- Manchester City vs. Cardiff City (7.45pm, live on Sky Sports)
- Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace (7.45pm)
Friday 5 April
- Southampton vs. Liverpool (8pm, live on Sky Sports)
Saturday 6 April
- AFC Bournemouth vs. Burnley (3pm)
- Huddersfield Town vs. Leicester City (3pm)
- Newcastle United vs. Crystal Palace (3pm)
Sunday 7 April
- Everton vs. Arsenal (2.05pm, live on Sky Sports)
Monday 8 April
- Chelsea vs. West Ham United (8pm, live on Sky Sports)
FA Cup semi-final fixtures
Saturday 6 April
- Manchester City vs. Brighton and Hove Albion (5.30pm, live on BBC One)
Sunday 7 April
- Watford vs. Wolves (4pm, live on BT Sport)
Continue reading for free
We hope you're enjoying The Week's refreshingly open-minded journalism.
Subscribed to The Week? Register your account with the same email as your subscription.