Daily Intelligencer's Gabriel Sherman reported Tuesday that there might be a reason for Fox News host Megyn Kelly's silence on the allegations of sexual assault against Fox CEO Roger Ailes:
According to two sources briefed on parent company 21st Century Fox’s outside probe of the Fox News executive, led by New York–based law firm Paul, Weiss, Kelly has told investigators that Ailes made unwanted sexual advances toward her about 10 years ago when she was a young correspondent at Fox. Kelly, according to the sources, has described her harassment by Ailes in detail. [Daily Intelligencer]
While many Fox News employees have defended Ailes since news broke of the sexual harassment lawsuit brought against him by former anchor Gretchen Carlson, Kelly has stayed mum — which, Daily Intelligencer reported, has raised eyebrows.
Kelly's agent did not respond to Daily Intelligencer's request for comment on the allegations, nor did 21st Century Fox, the parent company of Fox News. Both Ailes and Fox News have previously denied all allegations of sexual harassment brought against him by Carlson and six other women.
21st Century Fox owner Rupert Murdoch and his sons are rumored to be ousting Ailes as head of Fox News, though the network said in a statement that "the matter is not yet resolved and the review is not concluded." Head over to Daily Intelligencer to read Sherman's full story.