- Foreign affairs March 11
Russia's Kremlin-financed cable news channel RT America has faced some dramatic blowback over its coverage of Russia's military occupation of Ukraine's Crimea province. But RT isn't the only government-run broadcaster putting its own stamp on the Crimea situation. Here's how Iran's state-owned English news service Press TV is covering Ukraine:
If you're wondering, the American guest who advocates impeaching President Obama before he nukes Russia to avert America's financial collapse is Mike Billington, an author and longtime active member of the Lyndon LaRouche movement who served 12 years in prison for what he claims were politically motivated reasons (prosecutors say he bilked old people out of $1.24 million).
Iran is a Russian ally. But even head-scarfed newscaster Kaneez Fatima seems uncomfortable with Billington's commentary.- -
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How our names shape our identity
Subscribe to the Week