- Watch this March 25
Dizzying video showing three BASE jumpers leaping off of New York City's unfinished 1 World Trade Center was released Monday night, just hours after the men turned themselves in to police. Jumper James Brady shot the video on Sept. 30, 2013, when he and his two fellow daredevils, Andrew Rossig and Marco Markovich, snuck in to the building and then jumped off of the 1,776-foot-tall spire, using parachutes to break their falls. According to the New York Daily News, police identified the trio and their lookout, Kyle Hartwell, by tracking a vehicle seen on video that is owned by one of their relatives. The four men were arraigned Monday night and charged with burglary, reckless endangerment, and jumping from a structure. Watch the video below, and just a warning: As you can imagine, people who are about to throw themselves off of a skyscraper use rather colorful language. --Catherine Garcia
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
Subscribe to the Week