The RSPCA was called by a resident in Exeter who was worried about a fox they’d spotted hiding under a bush. The caller said it had not moved for several days. However, there was a good reason for its immobility. The RSPCA officer said: “As soon as I arrived I realised that this wasn’t a live fox – but a dead fox who’d been stuffed by a taxidermist.”
Woman swallows spoon while trying to dislodge fish bone
A woman accidentally swallowed a five-inch metal spoon while trying to use it to get a fish bone out of her throat. The woman in China underwent surgery after initially leaving the 13-centimetre (five-inch) long utensil in her body for several days. Last year, doctors in Xinjiang retrieved an eight-inch spoon from a 26-year-old patient after he swallowed it during a drunken bet.
Subscribe to The Week
Escape your echo chamber. Get the facts behind the news, plus analysis from multiple perspectives.
‘Beast of Bodmin’ spotted in Cornwall
A pensioner says he spotted a big cat on the loose in Cornwall. Anthony Dickinson, 75, was driving back to his holiday cottage through the scenic routes when he spotted the creature, which he said was as tall as his waist. A passengers in his car claimed it was the “Beast of Bodmin” – a phantom wild cat rumoured to live in Cornwall.
Continue reading for free
We hope you're enjoying The Week's refreshingly open-minded journalism.
Subscribed to The Week? Register your account with the same email as your subscription.