Thought political campaign ads couldn't get any weirder? This spot by California Senate candidate and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has daringly lowered the bar, says Time.com. Accusing her rival in the Republican primary, Tom Campbell, of exacerbating the state's financial crisis, Fiorina depicts him as a furiously chewing sheep before denouncing him — in a twist ending that rivals "The Usual Suspects." While the conservative blog Race 4 2012 argues that the wacky spot is "meant to be tongue-in-cheek," MSNBC's Rachel Maddow takes it at face value (view her stunned analysis below). To get the full effect of what bloggers are calling the "worst" political ad ever, watch it to the very end:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week