hought political campaign ads couldn't get any weirder? This spot by California Senate candidate and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has daringly lowered the bar, says Time.com. Accusing her rival in the Republican primary, Tom Campbell, of exacerbating the state's financial crisis, Fiorina depicts him as a furiously chewing sheep before denouncing him — in a twist ending that rivals "The Usual Suspects." While the conservative blog Race 4 2012 argues that the wacky spot is "meant to be tongue-in-cheek," MSNBC's Rachel Maddow takes it at face value (view her stunned analysis below). To get the full effect of what bloggers are calling the "worst" political ad ever, watch it to the very end:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
Subscribe to the Week