hought political campaign ads couldn't get any weirder? This spot by California Senate candidate and former Hewlett Packard CEO Carly Fiorina has daringly lowered the bar, says Time.com. Accusing her rival in the Republican primary, Tom Campbell, of exacerbating the state's financial crisis, Fiorina depicts him as a furiously chewing sheep before denouncing him — in a twist ending that rivals "The Usual Suspects." While the conservative blog Race 4 2012 argues that the wacky spot is "meant to be tongue-in-cheek," MSNBC's Rachel Maddow takes it at face value (view her stunned analysis below). To get the full effect of what bloggers are calling the "worst" political ad ever, watch it to the very end:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week