Audiophile: Listen SmarterA eulogy for Blockbuster
Why I'll miss the onetime video rental giant
Watch a 1988 Blockbuster commercial:
Watch the trailer for one of Scott Meslow's back-in-the-day Blockbuster rentals, Jason Goes to Hell:
Scott Meslow is the entertainment editor and film and television critic for TheWeek.com. He has written about film and television at publications including The Atlantic, POLITICO Magazine, and Vulture.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week