The daily gossip: Olivia Munn and John Mulaney become parents, Zoe Lister-Jones alleges Chris Noth is a 'sexual predator,' and more
Today's top entertainment and celebrity news
Olivia Munn and John Mulaney become parents
He's new in town — and by town, we mean the world. Olivia Munn and John Mulaney are officially parents, according to TMZ, which reported Friday that Munn gave birth to a baby boy just before Thanksgiving. The couple didn't confirm the news, but Mulaney first announced they were expecting a baby on Late Night With Seth Meyers back in September. "I'm going to be a dad," he said. "We're both really, really happy." Mulaney filed for divorce from Anna Marie Tendler, whom he married in 2014, in July of this year, and he told Meyers in September about his ridiculously eventful past 12 months, during which he went to rehab, got divorced, and started dating Munn. "'She got to date me right out of recovery," Mulaney jokingly said of Munn, "which is what they call a reverse catch." Munn, meanwhile, said she was both "nervous" and "excited" to become Olivia Mom.
Zoe Lister-Jones alleges Chris Noth 'is a sexual predator'
After two women accused Sex and the City star Chris Noth of sexual assault, actress Zoe Lister-Jones has come forward to allege "the man is a sexual predator." On Instagram, Lister-Jones claimed that when she worked at a New York club owned by Noth, he was "consistently sexually inappropriate with a fellow female promoter." She also alleged that when she was a guest star on Law & Order, Noth "was drunk on set," drank between takes, and "in one take he got close to me, sniffed my neck, and whispered, 'You smell good.'" Because of this experience, she recalled feeling "relieved" when Noth's character of Mr. Big was killed off on the Sex and the City reboot, accusing him of having "capitalized on the fantasy that women believed Mr. Big represented." She closed by adding, "F--- Mr. Big." Noth has denied the assault allegations.
Investigators obtain warrant for Alec Baldwin's phone in 'Rust' probe
Investigators probing the fatal shooting on the set of Rust have obtained a warrant to search Alec Baldwin's cell phone. Detective Alexandria Hancock "believes there may be evidence on the phone," an application said. The detective reportedly asked Baldwin for the cell phone but was told to get a warrant. The actor's lawyer said he's "confident that the evidence will show that Mr. Baldwin is not responsible civilly or criminally" for the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins after a prop gun discharged on set. The affidavit also reportedly alleges that Baldwin "said he requested a bigger gun" for the movie, though he denied this on Twitter. In a primetime interview earlier this month, Baldwin maintained he never pulled the trigger on the gun that went off and killed Hutchins and isn't responsible for her death.
Scarlett Johansson met Judge Judy and was 'starstruck'
Scarlett Johansson met Judge Judy and is thrilled to report the experience didn't disappoint. Asked on The Tonight Show if she's ever had the experience of being nervous to meet someone, she recalled freaking out after running into Judge Judy at a restaurant. "Oh my god, I was so starstruck," Johansson said, "I couldn't believe it." The Black Widow star said she was nervous to meet an "icon" like her and thought this might be a don't-meet-your-heroes situation, but instead, "she was wonderful, and I was so relieved that she was a very nice person." Johansson added, "I was very geeked out. I mean, I grew up with Judge Judy!" Johansson is producing a mysterious Marvel movie at the moment, so might she have found her lead? Where can we sign the petition to make Avenger Judge Judy happen?
'Spider-Man: No Way Home' is doing insanely well at the box office
Spider-Man is bringing great power to the 2021 box office. The highly-anticipated Marvel flick is doing insanely well so far, grossing a massive $50 million on Thursday. That's the third best preview night for any film in history behind only Avengers: Endgame and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The movie is now expected to gross between $150 million and $180 million over the weekend, though some think it could even go above $200 million. To put this in perspective, no movie of the COVID-19 pandemic has made $100 million in its opening weekend, and No Way Home could make that much just in its opening day alone. The movie also made about five times more just last night than Steven Spielberg's acclaimed West Side Story made over all of last weekend. Sorry, Steven — try throwing in some Marvel cameos next time!