edbox could be the weed-dispensing way of the future. Southern California already has several dozen of the pot vending machines in operation, and Connecticut is also now considering using them. But if you're up to no good, be warned — Medbox's top-notch security system requires both a fingerprint and a medical marijuana card before dispensing pot-infused goodies. Here, a look at 12 other peculiar vending machines from around the world:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week