Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, injuring several people and causing competitors and bystanders to run away screaming, according to the AP. Several people and news organizations have published dramatic (and often disturbing) footage of the explosions:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week